BUS POLICIESStudents are expected to observe the same conduct on the bus as in the classroom. The following rules apply specifically to the bus. Seating assignments may be necessary to ensure proper student conduct. If inappropriate behavior is demonstrated by a student, the parent may be contacted to assist the student in modifying the behavior of concern.
First Offense - Discipline according to the Code of Conduct plus possible loss of bus privileges. May be referred to Director of TransportationSecond Offense - Discipline according to the Code of Conduct plus possible loss of bus privileges. May be referred to Director of Transportation.Repeat Offense - Discipline according to the code of Conduct plus possible loss of bus privileges.
- Obey the driver's instructions when first requested.
- Remain in your assigned seat at all times (facing the front, bottom to the seat, back to the seat, feet to the floor and backpack on your lap.
- Keep voices low (only the person next to you should be able to hear you).
- The bus aisles must be kept clear at all times.
- Be courteous, use no profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus and no glass containers.
- Respect all bus equipment (Keep the bus clean; do not damage seats; do not tamper with the controls or emergency door, etc.)
- Do not be destructive.
- Keep head, hands, feet and objects inside the bus at all times.
- Be at your assigned bus stop location five minutes prior to the bus stop pick up time.
- No smoking on the bus.
- No live animals are permitted on the bus at anytime.
- Do not stand or play in the street while waiting for the bus
- Do not throw any objects on or off the bus.
- Horesplay is not permitted.