District Parent Involvement Implementation Plan
The City of St. Charles School District strives to cultivate and support active parental involvement by setting and achieving goals that partner parents with the School District to ensure that effective teaching and learning occurs for every student.
The district will implement district-wide and building level strategies to involve parents in the educational process by:
- Providing activities to educate parents regarding the intellectual and developmental needs of their children at all age levels
- Developing partnerships with other school/community groups to provide additional parental learning opportunities.
- Disseminating information regarding parenting skills and the parental role in raising student achievement.
- Communicating with parents regarding opportunities for involvement, and encouraging participation in those opportunities.
- Providing access to educational resources for parents/families to use with their children. Informing parents of curricular and programming objectives.
- Communicating with parents regarding their children's participation and progress in both curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Families will have the opportunity to participate in the education of their children through a variety of roles such as providing input into district policies and volunteering time within classrooms and school programs.
- Teachers and staff will be given Professional Development opportunities to enhance their understanding of effective parent involvement strategies.
- Parent involvement activities will be evaluated regularly by district staff and parents.
- The district will provide access within each building, upon request by a parent, to any instructional material used as part of the educational curriculum.
- Whenever possible, information will be provided in a language understandable to parents.