At our monthly BOE meeting last evening the Board of Education reviewed our COVID data/protocols and approved the below administrative hires.
Continued COVID Protocols (Approved 3-3-22)
- ECC through 12th grade (students and staff) are in optional masking.
- All District buildings and property (including) buses are mask optional.
- There is no longer a threshold to return to mandatory masking. However, all students and staff are directed to the new CDC guidelines (click here) to see what to do to properly protect yourself during the low, moderate, and high community levels.
- Daily symptom checks/assessments/screenings should continue to be done on an individual basis prior to coming to school. Please stay home if you’re sick.
- Contact tracing is no longer needed, since there is no mandated masking that will take place due to exposure.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID they should follow the direction of their health care provider.
- All students will continue to follow MSHSAA protocols if they test positive for COVID.
- All protocols regarding community & school events, activities, and visitors will continue as currently taking place in schools now. Principals will have the discretion to move forward with events, activities, and visitors as they deem appropriate. The Central Office Administration will be assisting in this process, and communication will come from the building principals.
- There is still an option for symptomatic students and staff to be tested at schools.
New Administrators Hired
The Board of Education approved the following hirings:
- Ms. Loretta Smith will be joining the Hardin Middle School admin team as an assistant principal. Ms. Smith is coming to the SCSD from the Parkway School District, and we’re thrilled to have her be a part of our district family. Ms. Smith is taking the place of Brett Kobernus who will be taking over the reins of our Success Campus next year.
- Mr. Ben Owens will be our new Activities Director at SCHS. He is replacing Corey Hahn who is retiring. Mr. Owens has had a successful/long career in the SCSD as a teacher and coach. He is certainly primed for this next role.
As Spring Break gets closer, I want to encourage everyone to keep going strong. Let’s continue working together and give our best every day.
Dr. Jason Sefrit
Superintendent of Schools