McKinney Vento Definition:
A homeless student lacks a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence. This includes students who are staying in transitional or emergency shelters, campgrounds, or motels; sharing housing with other families due to a loss of housing or an inability to afford housing; abandoned in a hospital, staying in substandard housing or living in places not ordinarily used for sleeping; and students who have run away or have been thrown out of their homes.
Homeless students are automatically eligible to participate in the free and reduced lunch program, Title 1 instructional services, and other district services intended to support academic success such as transportation to the school of best interest. Please contact the Student Services office (636-443-4087) for further information.
Main Program Office:
City of St. Charles School District
400 N. 6th Street
St. Charles, MO 63301
Who Can We Help?
- Children and youth in temporary housing situations may be eligible for services and have certain legal rights if they are:
- Living with a friend, relative or someone else because they lost their home or can’t afford a home, or are runaways*
- Staying in a motel or hotel*
- Living in an emergency or transitional shelter or a domestic violence shelter
- Staying in substandard housing*
- Living in a car, park, public place, abandoned building or bus or train station
- Living in a campground or an inadequate trailer home
- Abandoned in a hospital
- Living in a runaway or homeless youth shelter.
Note: *Consideration of each individual case, along with the permanency of the situation, may be needed to determine if students in these circumstances are homeless.
City Of St. Charles School District
Julie McClard, Homeless Liaison
400 N. Sixth Street, St. Charles, MO 63301
Francis Howell School District
Dr. Jennifer Patterson, Homeless Liaison
801 Corporate Centre Dr, O’Fallon, MO 63368
Fort Zumwalt School District
Dee Dee Boyle, Homeless Liaison
555 East Terra Lane, O’Fallon, MO 63366
Orchard Farm R-V School District
Melissa Daniel, Director of Student Services
2165 Highway V, St. Charles, MO 63301
Wentzville School District
Dr. Janell Mueller, Homeless Coordinator
280 Interstate Dr., Wentzville, MO 63385
636-327-3800, ext. 20331
Resources for at-risk families:
Are you homeless or at immediate risk of homelessness?
Coordinated Entry provides homeless, rental and utility assistance. Dial 2-1-1 or click to learn more about Coordinated Entry for Homeless Services in St. Charles County.