Extra-Curricular Eligibility Standards
Any student who represents St. Charles High School by participating on an athletic team or a group that perfroms in public (band, choir, drama, cheerleaders, danceline and others) shall meet the standards of eligibility specified by the Constitution of MIssouri State High School Activities ASsociation and those additional standards of the St. Charles School District.
- A student in Grades 9-12 have earned, the preceding semester of attendance, a minimum of 3.5 units of credit or have earned credit in 80% of the maximum allowable classes in which a student can be enrolled in the semester, whichever is greater, and shall currently be enrolled in and regularly attending courses that offer 3.5 units of credit.
- Must have earned 3.5 units of credit the prececding semester. A 1st semester 9th grader must have been promoted from 8th grade. Under certain restrictions a student may earn 1 credit during summer school.
- Must attend all practices and contests unless excused by the coach or sponsor.
- Must not be a smoker, user of alcohol or drugs.
- Must not wear school uniforms at any time except while participating in practice or school contests.
- Must make yourself familiar with the training rules and the requirements for lettering for the activity in whcih you are participating.
- Must have no outstanding fines for academic material or athletic equipment.
- Note - a maximum of one summer school credit can be used to establish or maintain academic eligibility for activities only if that credit is placed on the school transcript and counts toward meeting graduation/promotion requirements.
- Any student who falsifies records will be subject to dismissal from the activities in which they are involved.
- If an athlete quits or is dismissed from an athletic team, he/she may not participate on another team during the same season unless both coaches agree.
- Must attend school on the day of the activity. If the activity is on Saturday, he/she must be in attendance on Friday. If a student spends the day in the nurse's office or is absent for part of the day, he/she will not be eligible to participate unless excused by the principal.