COMMUNITY BUSINESSES LOOKING FOR EMPLOYEES
City of University City, MO
Position: Mechanic I
$44,000 to 70,000 per year
Details & Skills: This is skilled mechanical work maintaining and repairing automotive, diesel, and other equipment in the City municipal fleet. Job functions performed include skilled work on the City's forestry, fire, parks, public works, police, and pool vehicles, and various equipment which includes aerators, backhoes, ballfield groomers, blowers, chippers, forklifts, mowers, skid steers, tractors, trimmers, small engines, and more. Mechanics are under direction of the Fleet Manager, usually in the form of oral instructions, stating the nature of the trouble and specifying the repairs that are to be made. The Fleet Manager is available to give assistance on difficult problems and may inspect work in progress and upon completion.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair work on light, medium, and heavy trucks, automobiles, tractors, refuse trucks, fire trucks, mowers, and other automotive, diesel, and mechanical equipment.
- Performs welding, fabrication, component rebuilding and reconditioning services on a wide range of municipal equipment as assigned.
- Removes vehicles from service due to
- Repairs and replaces electrical components such as alternators, distributors, control modules, relays, lights, and
- Uses specialized equipment to diagnose and repair electrical systems and computerized engine
- Inspects City municipal fleet and equipment for safety defects and road
- Inspects mechanical functions including the driveline, suspension, steering, brakes, lights, tires, hoses and exhaust
- Diagnoses mechanical problems, electrical components, hydraulic systems, HVAC systems and cooling system components and determines the extent of necessary
- Uses equipment such as boom truck and overhead crane to perform activities such as rigging, removal of old material and installation of new
- Repairs and adjusts engines (both gas and diesel), transmissions, differentials, clutches and hydraulic
- Raises vehicles using hydraulic jack or hoists to remove or replace components such as engines, transmissions or
- Tunes up engines, replaces and fits parts including carburetors, fuel injection systems, fuel pumps, strainers, fuel lines, fuel tanks and
- Replaces brake system components such as master cylinders, boosters, brake linings, drums, and
- Diagnose and repair air brake system
- Replaces, fits and adjusts cooling system components such as radiators, water pumps and
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of the City's light and heavy fleet
- Responds to service calls and performs repair work in the
- Furnishes personal hand tools for use in performing job
- Prepares new vehicles and equipment for service and removes older ones from the fleet for disposal.
- Responds to on-call emergencies during winter
- Cleans work area and
- Repairs and maintains shop equipment used in repair of
- Reports time and material costs on computerized work order
- Posts applicable parts to work order and keeps detailed work order notes and status up to date. Works with other City divisions to provide professional and courteous internal customer Understands the operation of a wide variety of equipment used in a municipal fleet.
- Conducts self in a manner which promotes and supports diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and
- Performs all other related duties as
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an automotive or diesel mechanic, completion of a recognized apprenticeship in the trade or equivalent combination of training & experience in a related field.
- Full journeyman mechanic preferred.
- Must be at least18 years of age.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Additional training beyond high school in auto/diesel mechanics or four years of experience in fleet maintenance or in a related field required.
- Must have or acquire within one year of hire and maintain an ASE Heavy Truck Certification.
- Air conditioning refrigerant handling certification preferred.
- Forklift Certification required preferred.
- Valid Missouri Class B commercial driver's license with air brake endorsement required within sixty (60) days of hire. Class A preferred.
- This position is subject to federal drug testing requirements including screening through the FMCSA A pre-employment drug screen is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern welding techniques and steel.
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, computerized engine control and fuel systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations.
- Skills in use of tools and repair equipment including engine, electrical and digital diagnostic equipment, and precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to diagnose engine malfunctions and perform necessary repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, diagrams, and technical information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and measurement of equipment tolerances.
- Ability to prepare written and computer-generated repair
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays and to respond to emergencies.
- Experience in customer service and scheduling
- Experience in wire feed, MIG, arc and gas welding preferred.
- Hydraulic system training
- Experience in design, fabrication and modern welding techniques preferred.
City of University City, MO
Position: Heavy Equipment Operator - 2 openings
Full time $44,000 to 70,000 per year
Details & Skills: The Heavy Equipment Operator performs skilled work involving the operation of heavy, complex, or specialized equipment. Work involves responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of machinery including making minor repairs and adjustments to equipment. Heavy Equipment Operators are required to effectively operate several types of automotive equipment and related specialized equipment. Work in this class is distinguished from that of an equipment operator by the size and complexity of the equipment operated and the nature of work assignments. Assignments for new or special jobs will be given in detail, but repeating jobs will be performed independently. Work is subject to review upon completion. Work is performed under the direction of the Sanitation Superintendent.
- Operates high-lift, automated refuse truck, roll-off, and rear loading refuse equipment
- Operates tractor-trailer combine with the ability to operate City transfer station
- Operates power street sweeper in cleaning City streets.
- Operates small power & hand tools
- Makes minor repairs of equipment and keeps equipment clean
- May operate a pick-up truck or other automotive equipment as required
- May perform manual labor tasks
- Will be required to keep written records
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating the operation of automotive vehicles
- Knowledge of the geography of University City
- Skill in the operation of heavy or complex automotive equipment and in making operating repairs and adjustments under emergency conditions.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of automotive equipment.
- Ability to operate a variety of types of heavy and complex machinery.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral or written orders.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor, often under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and fellow workers.
- A High School diploma or equivalent certification.
- Between one and three years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- A valid, current Class "A" CDL is required or able to obtain it in six months.9-21-22
City of St Peters
1 Saint Peter Centre Blvd
St Peters, MO 63376
Position: Street Maintenance Worker
Details & Skills:
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully authorized alien worker.
High School graduate or GED certificate.
One (1) year of applicable experience.
Must have a Class “B” CDL valid in the state of Missouri, or obtain within 120 days of employment. Commercial drivers instruction permit (CDIP) must be obtained within 60 days of employment.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move more than 90 lbs.
Full time position: 40hrd, $19.74/hr. - $21.20/hr. depending on qualifications and experience. Subject to change based on annual market survey (Effective 10/3/22). This position is available 10/1/2022.
CSI Commercial Services Inc
18330 Edison Ave
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Contact: Kevin Szczuka 314-497-2056 email@example.com
Position: HVAC, Refrigeration and Cooking Equip Repair Technician
Details & Skills: We are currently seeking technicians. CSI repairs and installs HVAC, Refrigeration and Cooking Equipment in commercial settings in the STL area. We also have offices in Kansas City and Nashville that we sometimes send techs to help out in times of need. We offer full benefits and a take home service van. Pay is dependent on experience up to $40/hr.
Full time position, 7am - 4pm, Overtime is available.
10 Triad S Dr
St Charles, MO 63304
Contact: Craig Pennings 620-269-8067 firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Student Worker
Details & Skills:
Hello! We're looking to hire someone as a personal/business assistant. This person will help us to accomplish tasks that we have less time to complete ourselves this summer. These tasks include things like online research, email management, data gathering/entry, phone calls, and some shopping/errand running. We believe it would be no more than 10-20 hours a week. Hours are completely flexible, though some tasks may require timely completion. We plan to pay by time at $17/hour.
We believe it might be well-suited for a college or grad student who is looking to make some money part-time. But anyone is welcome to apply! We’d prefer someone who is comfortable communicating by phone, has a professional demeanor, basic spreadsheet capability (google sheets or excel), ready to start right away!
If you or someone you know is interested, please send an email to email@example.com with “Student Worker” in the subject line and the following 4 things:
3. Favorite Artwork
4. One example of why you’re great for this role
101 Montgomery St #625
San Francisco, CA 94104
Contact: Jeremy Casswell 541-946-3266
Position: Work from Home Opportunity
Details & Skills: I am sharing a Work from Home Job opportunity to students and staff who might be interested in a remote Unicef
Part-Time Job with a weekly pay of $400.00.
Contact Dr. Jeremy Casswell (jeremy.casswell(@)unicef-aid.com) with your alternate non-educational email address e.g Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail e.t.c. for details of employment
Job Type: Remote (P/T)
Wage: From $400.00 Per Week
527 Spirit of St. Louis Blvd
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Contact: Amanda Cravens 636-346-5302 firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Entry Level Electrician
Details & Skills: Must be at least 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States. +
Must be able to meet in Chesterfield every morning.
No electrical experience is required but candidates need to be able to think things out thoroughly, be precise and be patient.
Full time position. 7am-3:30pm. $18-$20 per hr
Ruger Precision Metals
13748 Shoreline Court East
Earth City, MO 63045
Contact: Kathleen Marquardt 314-801-6945 email@example.com
Position: Ruger Firearms Engineering Technician
Details & Skills: Join the team that is part of an American Tradition! Ruger Firearms is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms and components for the commercial sporting market. We are looking for dedicated individuals who would like to join our team. Our associates will have the opportunity to receive benefits that include a 401k contribution, quarterly profit sharing*, medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage. The right candidate must possess a positive attitude and a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
Summary/Objective: Responsible for developing and testing processes to solve technical problems in manufacturing, inspection and preventative maintenance. Assists engineers, inspects products, conducts tests, and collects data in the production of firearms components through metal injection molding.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide direct support to production team through evaluation and troubleshooting.
• Maintain current manufacturing processes and standards while participating in continuous improvement efforts to ensure safety, quality delivery and cost goals are being met.
• Dimensional inspection and troubleshooting
• Evaluate equipment for preventative maintenance needs
• Assist in planning and scheduling
• Equipment changeover to support production
• Attend update meetings with line managers
• Hands-on and cross-training production processes
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Strong communication skills
• Basic math skills
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Attentive to complex design and detail oriented
• Self-Motivated and capable of working independently
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting up to 40 pounds several times throughout the day.
• Job is performed primarily standing
• Lifting up to 40 pounds several times throughout the day
• Job requires substantial movement/motion with regard to walking, bending, lifting, grasping and applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palms
• Verbalizing detailed or important information to others accurately
Preferred Education and Experience • High School Diploma is recommended.
• Previous production experience – specifically metalworking
Metal Injection Molding, Metal Powders, Sintering, Milling, Heat Treatment
Additional Requirements You must be 18+ years of age, able to pass a drug screen and background screen.
Full time position 7am-3:30pm $21-$24 per hour
Pepper Pike Capital Partners
-multiple locations in St Louis
Position: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Details & Skills:
Understand and execute the company’s operational processes and standards for the following areas:
Apartment turns, move-in experience, expense control, customer service, move-out process, curb appeal
Ensure all assigned (vacated) apartments are in 100% working order (mechanically) before move-in.
Consistently hit (90%+ of the time or more) the turn goal as recorded on the Monthly Results Report.
Maintain the community’s grounds as necessary.
Complete any work orders as assigned
Plumbing, electrical, carpentry skills
Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage
EPA Certified not required but preferred
High School Diploma or GED
Required Minimum age 18
Full time position 8am - 5pm
$16-$16/hr plus 100% rental discount