We, the City of St. Charles School District community of students, parents, staff, and patrons, value:
High quality education for all students which includes:
- Lifelong learning from early childhood through adult education
- Rigorous learning experiences that challenge all students through exploration, innovation and creativity
- Instruction that meets the needs of a diverse community through a sytematic approach to support all students with best practices
- Respect for all
- Real world, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to prepare students to be career ready
- Developing caring, productive and responsible citizens
- Strong engagement of family and community through partnerships and collaboration
- Focus on meeting social, emotional, and behavioral needs
- A safe, secure and nurturing school environment
- Partnerships with stakeholders and community resources
- Celebrating individual, school, and district success
High quality staff by:
Informed decisions that are:
- Hiring and retaining highly qualified, diverse and engaged staff
- Providing professional development and collaboration focused on increasing student achievement
- Empowering staff to use innovative resources and practices
- Focused on student achievement
- Data driven
- Considerate of all points of view
- Fiscally responsible
For planning purposes, five overarching goals have been developed. These goals are statements of the key functions of the school district.
1. Student Performance:
Develop and enhance quality educational/instructional programs to improve student performance and enable students to meet their personal, academic and career goals.
2. Highly Qualified Staff:
Recruit, attract, develop, and retain highly qualified staff to carry out the LEA (local educational agency)/ District mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
3. Facilities, Support, and Instructional Resources:
Provide and maintain appropriate instructional resources, support services, and functional and safe facilities.
4. Parent and Community Involvement:
Promote, facilitate and enhance parent, student, and community involvement in LEA/District educational programs.
Govern the LEA/District in an efficient and effective manner providing leadership and representation to benefit the students, staff, and patrons of the district.