Federal Title I Preschool Program
The St. Charles School District has the opportunity to utilize federal monies to fund preschool tuition for resident children who meet eligibility criteria based on information obtained from developmental screening. These funds are limited, and the number of children eligible for this free service may vary each year. Students will be selected based upon the greatest academic need as based on multiple criteria including the DIAL-4 developmental screening, age, Parents as Teachers referral, home language, etc. New and second year preschool students will be assessed during the spring with the DIAL-4 to determine the students who will be eligible for the Title I preschool program for the following fall. Eligible Title I students will receive preschool services free of charge through Title I funding.
Due to the limited number of Title I preschool enrollment spaces, the following procedure will be followed for available Title I preschool slots for students who submitted application materials prior to the enrollment deadline:
- Approximately two-thirds of the Title I spaces will be reserved for 4 year olds and approximately 1/3 will be reserved for three year old
- Title I students must be residents of the District.
- Students will be selected based upon the greatest academic need and multiple criteria including the DIAL-4 developmental screening, age, Parents as Teachers referral, home language, etc.
- A rank-ordered waiting list will be maintained and individuals will be contacted if
Title I preschool spaces open up during the school year.
- Students who apply after the enrollment deadline will be placed on the waiting list based on meeting the Title I funding criteria.
Early Childhood Special Education Program
Early Childhood Special Education Students attend per their Individual Educational
Program (IEP) and attend 4 days a week (Monday - Thursday).