Harris Elementary School, built in 1994, is the newest elementary school building in the district. The school is rich in history and dedicated to the education of children. Originally, the school was located on Country Club Road where it was known as Black Jack School. It became part of the City of St. Charles School District in 1918. It was renamed in the 1960s as Willie M. Harris Elementary in honor of the retirement of a dedicated principal and teacher of the school.