The City of St. Charles School District has a new preschool facility opening for the 2018-2019 school year!
The St. Charles R-VI School District Preschool Program achieved recognition of excellence through Missouri Accreditation. This distinguishes it as an exemplary program offering high quality programming to the children of Missouri.
The Missouri Accreditation of Programs for Children and Youth has awarded a Certificate of Accreditation to the St. Charles R-VI Preschool Program. This certificate is granted to quality programs that offer developmentally appropriate experiences in an environment conducive to children flourishing intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
Completing an Application for 2018-2019 School Year
- Please read the General Information Preschool Application Packet or see information outlined below.
- Haga clic aquí para descargar nuestra aplicación preescolar en español 2018-19
- Complete a fillable online preschool application, save and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or download a conventional preschool application that you can print and fill out by hand that can be turned into Early Childhood administration.
- The applications are also available at our Early Childhood Center, the District Administration Building or by emailing email@example.com and requesting an application.
- Applications are DUE BY March 2, 2018 for first round consideration. They can be returned to any of our elementary school offices, the District Administration Building, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received after the deadline will be included on a waiting list for an opening.
- Applicants will be contacted for a Dial-4 developmental screening.
Student placement will be done after March 2, 2018, and parents will be contacted the week of March 27.
The St. Charles School District Preschool program offers the following:
Half day Programs
- 5 Day / Monday through Friday / 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- 3 Day / Monday, Wednesday, Friday / 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- 2 Day / Tuesday and Thursday / 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- 5 Day / Monday through Friday / 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Full Day Program
- 5 Day / Monday through Friday / 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Early Childhood Special Education classes are also available. These placements are made by the Special Education Department.
- 4 Day / Monday through Thursday / 8:00 am – 11:00 am or 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm or 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Extended-day child care will be available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Preschool is available for 3-5 year olds.
- Children must be 3 before August 1, 2018.
Classes will employ one teacher for a class of 10 students. A teacher and a teacher assistant will be employed for each class of 11-20 students.
- The program is designed to meet the Missouri Early Childhood standards and prepare all students for kindergarten.
- Parents will be responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- All resident students are welcome to apply, and will be screened for developmental readiness by Parents as Teachers. While non-resident students are welcome to apply for tuition-paying preschool spaces, students who live within the district boundaries will be given first consideration for placement.
- Students with the greatest student need will be offered admission to the preschool with tuition paid by Title I funding as funding allows. (District residents only.) Student need is based upon multiple criteria, including their performance on the Dial-4 assessment.
- Additional students will be enrolled and parents will be responsible for the tuition.
Tuition Costs for Half Day or Full Day Preschool
Tuition information is available in the General Information Preschool Application Packet.
Extended-Day Child Care
- Extended-day child care is available at an additional cost. Information is available in the General Information Preschool Application Packet.